It may not crash because...
Day Brown
2006-06-05 03:28:09 UTC
of the principle behind "if you owe the bank a thousand, you have a
problem, but if you owe the bank a million, the *bank* has a problem."

And we owe the transnational bankers 8.4 trillion? Dont *they* have a
problem? No, if it were upta them, they'd try to keep us afloat while
they try to figure a way out of this mess.

Course, they may not succeed. And as noted, it may take an act of God,
and not another jackass in the whitehouse, to solve the problem.

Anybody read Machiavelli? Anybody? I'm betting the farm he's right. I
bet the rich will try, yet again, to do it on the cheap, and *not* pay
enough people enough money to protect the asset base from the rabble.

I bet the rich will outsource and downsize enough jobs to drive the
bankruptcy rate even higher. And when the forclosures get common enuf,
the mobs will attack the banks and courthouses and begin burning the
mortages. Squatters will take over so much property that there wont be
enough law enforcement to evict them.

When? my best bet is 2008. When laid off 62 year old boomers will try to
retire enmass. When China's Three Gorges irrigation comes online, and
they get a harvest that will feed their own people without importing
American agribusiness grain. Course, the commodities brokers mite see
that coming, and crash the market when they do.

Course, some demagogue may arise from among us online with a plan that
offers some hope to deal with it all in a more rational way... laid out
in places like this to be parsed out for you all to consider and offer
solutions for improvement. Hitler arose, and got out of control by the
powers that then were by his mastery of a new media- radio. Someone may
do the same online, and thereby be beyond the ability of any of the
powers that now be to quash.
myal
2006-06-05 03:46:01 UTC
Post by Day Brown
[...]
you need a gst , a 15% tax on every cent spent , if yo pay %1 +50c tax
for an apple , now you got to add another 15% to the total as a goods
and services tax .....

it got australia out of the shit ...

sort , its going to shit every other way tho
the_blogologist
powers that now be to quash.
Day Brown
2006-06-07 01:05:29 UTC
Post by the_blogologist
Maybe if the press didn't make Bush loose a point in the polls every
time he isn't spending more on stem cells or even thinking about cutting
spending.
Bush has had far more criticism from the newsgroups, and it has reached
the point, where whatever the media would like, they have no choice but
to feel which way the wind from all the hot air on the net is blowing.

htt://anzi.buz/machveli.htm shows what I thot Machiavelli had to say on
Bush, posted last year. The flawed character's done what the kingmakers
wanted, and now it is time to discover his faults before sending him
away, he taking the guilt for the action away with him while they get to
enjoy the fruits of the new status quo.
u***@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
2006-06-06 05:52:52 UTC
Post by Day Brown
of the principle behind "if you owe the bank a thousand, you have a
problem, but if you owe the bank a million, the *bank* has a problem."
And we owe the transnational bankers 8.4 trillion? Dont *they* have a
problem? No, if it were upta them, they'd try to keep us afloat while
they try to figure a way out of this mess.
Huh? Are you talking about all those US gubmint bonds held by
Asian gubmints?

The US Treasury is different from you and me. They can
legitimately just crank up the printing presses and literally
MAKE more money. Even easier, they can create it out of
electrons in their master accounting system.

Sure, it will cause inflation, but it will fend off the
aggressive creditors for awhile, without sudden, total disaster
for the general populace. Especially if it happens slowly.

Hmmm... Didn't the Federal Reserve just recently stop disclosing
one of those "M(number)" stats for how much US money is
circulating? What are they trying to hide?
Post by Day Brown
Course, they may not succeed. And as noted, it may take an act of God,
and not another jackass in the whitehouse, to solve the problem.
This jackass in the whitehouse, or that jackass in the
whitehouse, or some other jackass in the whitehouse... as if it
really matters.
Post by Day Brown
Anybody read Machiavelli? Anybody? I'm betting the farm he's right. I
bet the rich will try, yet again, to do it on the cheap, and *not* pay
enough people enough money to protect the asset base from the rabble.
I expect that, "the rich" are already moving money offshore.
Especially to Euros.
Post by Day Brown
I bet the rich will outsource and downsize enough jobs to drive the
bankruptcy rate even higher. And when the forclosures get common enuf,
the mobs will attack the banks and courthouses and begin burning the
mortages.
Nah... Since at least the 60s or before, the American rioting
types have been chronically poor, inner-city blacks. NOT
heretofore middle-class, suburban whites.

I expect to see an increase in suicides, plus a few people
snapping with violence against others ("You ain't gonna take mah
house without a fight," etc.)
Post by Day Brown
Squatters will take over so much property that there wont be
enough law enforcement to evict them.
I would expect an increase in the number of (former) homeowners
squatting in their old houses, while those places sit around on a
slow market flooded with similar foreclosed properties.
Post by Day Brown
When? my best bet is 2008. When laid off 62 year old boomers will try to
retire enmass.
Too soon. There will be substantial delay past that time. Many
boomers will still be working, and will keep doing so until the
full benefit age of 67. Also, the 62-year-olds will take some
time to get totally desperate, depending on the timing of their
redundancy/lay-off.

I also expect further problems with the last gasp of company
pension plans collapsing. But, again, that will take time.

And plenty of boomers still won't be reaching 62 yet in 2008.
They are, by nature, staggered over a long period.
Post by Day Brown
When China's Three Gorges irrigation comes online, and
they get a harvest that will feed their own people without importing
American agribusiness grain. Course, the commodities brokers mite see
that coming, and crash the market when they do.
Or they might have the foresight to expand into Africa. They
might get by for some years as those nations rack up credit
(before the eventual defaults.)

Or, better, they might get into selling that, "agribusiness
grain" (and land capacity) domestically, for biodiesel.
Especially if the Middle East conditions deteriorate to trigger
much higher crude oil prices.
Post by Day Brown
Course, some demagogue may arise from among us online with a plan that
offers some hope to deal with it all in a more rational way... laid out
in places like this to be parsed out for you all to consider and offer
solutions for improvement. Hitler arose, and got out of control by the
powers that then were by his mastery of a new media- radio. Someone may
do the same online, and thereby be beyond the ability of any of the
powers that now be to quash.
Some blogger is going to conquer the world with their depth and
substance? LOL.
--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com/
Check The Free Stuff List
Day Brown
2006-06-07 01:23:25 UTC
Post by u***@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
Post by Day Brown
of the principle behind "if you owe the bank a thousand, you have a
problem, but if you owe the bank a million, the *bank* has a problem."
And we owe the transnational bankers 8.4 trillion? Dont *they* have a
problem? No, if it were upta them, they'd try to keep us afloat while
they try to figure a way out of this mess.
Huh? Are you talking about all those US gubmint bonds held by
Asian gubmints?
Under Communism, the government owns all the banks.
Under Capitalism, the banks own all the government.
I dont see that there's a diff.
Post by u***@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
The US Treasury is different from you and me. They can
legitimately just crank up the printing presses and literally
MAKE more money. Even easier, they can create it out of
electrons in their master accounting system.
Sure, it will cause inflation, but it will fend off the
aggressive creditors for awhile, without sudden, total disaster
for the general populace. Especially if it happens slowly.
Hmmm... Didn't the Federal Reserve just recently stop disclosing
one of those "M(number)" stats for how much US money is
circulating? What are they trying to hide?
With inflation, adjustable rate mortgages will go into default. The
bankruptcy rate will skyrocket. The M3 will be, as you suspect, used to
prop up the stock prices while the hard pressed middle class sells all
its other investments trying to keep the home.
Post by u***@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
This jackass in the whitehouse, or that jackass in the
whitehouse, or some other jackass in the whitehouse... as if it
really matters.
No way to tell; are we lucky?
Post by u***@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
Post by Day Brown
Anybody read Machiavelli? Anybody? I'm betting the farm he's right. I
bet the rich will try, yet again, to do it on the cheap, and *not* pay
enough people enough money to protect the asset base from the rabble.
I expect that, "the rich" are already moving money offshore.
Especially to Euros.
So far. The Euro has similar problems from unsustainable entitlements
and the welfare class outbreeding everyone else.
Post by u***@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
Post by Day Brown
I bet the rich will outsource and downsize enough jobs to drive the
bankruptcy rate even higher. And when the forclosures get common enuf,
the mobs will attack the banks and courthouses and begin burning the
mortages.
Nah... Since at least the 60s or before, the American rioting
types have been chronically poor, inner-city blacks. NOT
heretofore middle-class, suburban whites.
Yeah, but look at the last time the middle class whites began loosing
their homes, businesses, and farms in forclosures in the 1930s. They had
*never* before become violent until they ran out of money and got
desperate. Race riots also broke out all over.
Post by Day Brown
Squatters will take over so much property that there wont be
enough law enforcement to evict them.
I would expect an increase in the number of (former) homeowners
squatting in their old houses, while those places sit around on a
slow market flooded with similar foreclosed properties.
Hmm. Who is going to have the money to buy them? The rich? what do they
want with property that has no viable market to rent to?
Post by u***@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
Post by Day Brown
When? my best bet is 2008. When laid off 62 year old boomers will try to
retire enmass.
Too soon. There will be substantial delay past that time. Many
boomers will still be working, and will keep doing so until the
full benefit age of 67. Also, the 62-year-olds will take some
time to get totally desperate, depending on the timing of their
redundancy/lay-off.
I also expect further problems with the last gasp of company
pension plans collapsing. But, again, that will take time.
And plenty of boomers still won't be reaching 62 yet in 2008.
They are, by nature, staggered over a long period.
Its just my best bet, not divine prophecy. Lots of these old folks will
be laid off and become permanently unemployable after downsizing and
outsourcing have shrunk the job market.
Post by u***@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
Post by Day Brown
When China's Three Gorges irrigation comes online, and
they get a harvest that will feed their own people without importing
American agribusiness grain. Course, the commodities brokers mite see
that coming, and crash the market when they do.
Or they might have the foresight to expand into Africa. They
might get by for some years as those nations rack up credit
(before the eventual defaults.)
China has already. It aint worked out very well for them either. I saw a
railroad they built which is no abandoned because the personnel were too
incompetent to maintain it.
Post by u***@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
Or, better, they might get into selling that, "agribusiness
grain" (and land capacity) domestically, for biodiesel.
Especially if the Middle East conditions deteriorate to trigger
much higher crude oil prices.
Biodeisel is a scam by agribusiness suppliers who stand to make a
killing in any significant shift into it. The real money can be made by
real farmers growing sorghum, switchgrass, or similar pithy grasses that
have tons of sugar that come out easily being crushed in a mill.
Fermented, and distilled, a farmer can get 100-500 gallons of ethanol
per acre depending on fertility and rainfall. All with primitive tools,
and standard heritage, not GM or hybrid seed, and without petrochemicals
for fertilizer, herbicides, and pesticides.

The government wont say anything cause the farmers can also make rum
with the same process.
Post by u***@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
Post by Day Brown
Course, some demagogue may arise from among us online with a plan that
offers some hope to deal with it all in a more rational way... laid out
in places like this to be parsed out for you all to consider and offer
solutions for improvement. Hitler arose, and got out of control by the
powers that then were by his mastery of a new media- radio. Someone may
do the same online, and thereby be beyond the ability of any of the
powers that now be to quash.
Some blogger is going to conquer the world with their depth and
substance? LOL.
I dunno the exact process, but John Dean using the internet to acquire
the funds to run from out of nowhere overnite is a clue. Another, who
can claim to be entirely free of lobbiests, could garner lots of support
by posting on the newsgroups. Just saying that zie is neither Republican
nor Democrat will prolly bring in 30%.