What Happened to Tim May?
Rok
2008-09-15 06:23:43 UTC
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?

Strabo
2008-09-15 08:45:29 UTC
Post by Rok
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?
May, Timothy C
427 Allan Ln
Corralitos, CA 95076

831-728-0152
CanopyCo
2008-09-15 15:36:10 UTC
Post by Strabo
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately.  Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time?  Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag?  Skipped the country?  Anybody
know?
May, Timothy C
427 Allan Ln
Corralitos, CA 95076
831-728-0152
Got one of those for Robert Sturgeon?
;-)
strabo
2008-09-15 18:08:47 UTC
Post by CanopyCo
Post by Strabo
Post by Rok
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?
May, Timothy C
427 Allan Ln
Corralitos, CA 95076
831-728-0152
Got one of those for Robert Sturgeon?
;-)
Tim's a public guy. He's posted his address and number before.

I doubt he wants the calls but he'll fell better knowing
ya'll were thinking about him.

Sue
2008-09-15 14:23:57 UTC
Post by Rok
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?
Been wondering that myself. Some of the fun has gone out of MS.
Sue
Winston_Smith
2008-09-16 02:07:56 UTC
Post by Sue
Post by Rok
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?
Been wondering that myself. Some of the fun has gone out of MS.
Sue
I haven't heard from you for a while either. Good to see you are
still hanging in there with us.

Ah, remember the good old days rattling around in Tim's kill file. I
miss that. Maybe HHC will kill file me. I'd consider it a personal
favor.
Sue
2008-09-16 14:17:10 UTC
Post by Winston_Smith
Post by Sue
Post by Rok
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?
Been wondering that myself. Some of the fun has gone out of MS.
Sue
I haven't heard from you for a while either. Good to see you are
still hanging in there with us.
I don't read here very much and post even less. It's never been a
friendly place, but it's just gotten so much more swill filled with so
much cross posting that I'm no longer "comfortable" here. It ceased
to be fun for me and that's what I was here for.
Post by Winston_Smith
Ah, remember the good old days rattling around in Tim's kill file. I
miss that.
Me, too. I counted the other day and see that I have 75 people
killfiled. I'm pretty sure that most are cross posted from that kooks
NG. Whoever brought them in here ought to be shot IMO.
Post by Winston_Smith
Maybe HHC will kill file me. I'd consider it a personal
favor.
Keep your fingers crossed. :o)
Sue
Bob Brock
I don't think that Google has a kill file function.
Sue
2008-09-17 14:17:33 UTC
Post by Winston_Smith
Post by Sue
Post by Rok
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?
Been wondering that myself. Some of the fun has gone out of MS.
Sue
I haven't heard from you for a while either. Good to see you are
still hanging in there with us.
Ah, remember the good old days rattling around in Tim's kill file. I
miss that. Maybe HHC will kill file me. I'd consider it a personal
favor.
I wonder if anyone has done a Google search for:
Tim May - arrest
Tim May - mysterious disappearance
Tim May - death.
Sue
Gunner Asch
2008-09-15 16:34:23 UTC
Post by Rok
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?
I never! threatened to execute him. I simply quoted him when saying
he needed killing.

Maybe he "went up the chimney" with the other "millions of useless
eaters" during the "glorious die off"?

Maybe Mossad finally got tired of anonymous phone calls?

Gunner
Post by Rok
"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich
Too_Many_Tools

TMT
d***@yahoo.com
2008-09-16 13:24:59 UTC
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately.  Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time?  Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag?  Skipped the country?  Anybody
know?
Maybe he's come to realize how much he's been paying over the years
just to have his 'free speech' heard. For the benefit of ingrates
who'd just assume give him the guillotine. Maybe he's decided to no
longer donate his time.

$20 bucks per month adds up over the years. Tim seems to have dropped
got.net . Maybe he has cable or dsl now. Maybe there are some
technical problems, or he hasn't decided which Usenet service he
likes.

Maybe he's come to realize that all 'free speech' is commercial speech
in one way or another.
Geoff Miller
2008-09-20 18:10:43 UTC
<***@yahoo.com> writes:

[the Sage Of Corralitos]
For the benefit of ingrates who'd just assume give him
the guillotine.
The expression is "just as soon," genius.

Geoff

--
"The act of campaigning with any sort of honor or respect
has vanished from the Democrat playbook." -- Mike Gallagher
d***@yahoo.com
2008-09-21 18:10:03 UTC
[the Sage Of Corralitos]
I changed it.
Winston_Smith
2008-09-20 00:56:43 UTC
Post by Rok
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?
I heard he married a Mexican woman, adopted a black baby, moved to the
heart of the big city, and gave up on survivalism. I may be wrong on
some details.
Sue
2008-09-20 01:23:00 UTC
Post by Winston_Smith
Post by Rok
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?
I heard he married a Mexican woman, adopted a black baby, moved to the
heart of the big city, and gave up on survivalism. I may be wrong on
some details.
I believe he is also making his living by manufacturing "Obama for
President" bumper stickers and yard signs. I've also heard that he is
coming out with a new version of Kumbayah soon to be found at a music
store near you.
Sue
Li RM
2008-09-20 04:49:57 UTC
Post by Sue
Post by Winston_Smith
Post by Rok
Haven't seen any sign of Tim around here lately. Did Gunner finally
execute him like he's been threatening for a long time? Has he
been shipped to the ZOG gulag? Skipped the country? Anybody
know?
I heard he married a Mexican woman, adopted a black baby, moved to the
heart of the big city, and gave up on survivalism. I may be wrong on
some details.
I believe he is also making his living by manufacturing "Obama for
President" bumper stickers and yard signs. I've also heard that he is
coming out with a new version of Kumbayah soon to be found at a music
store near you.
Sue
Ha!

Geez, Sue. If he died you just made him roll over in his grave.

I just checked my archives for this group. Last post I see I saved
from Tim was back in June on a "Shelter in Place" and "Ready Bag"
thread.

Hopefully he'll be back soon. He's been one of few people over the
years I've always read and enjoyed.
Gunner

Gunner
Tim May
2008-09-26 20:35:31 UTC
Post by Li RM
I just checked my archives for this group. Last post I see I saved
from Tim was back in June on a "Shelter in Place" and "Ready Bag"
thread.
Hopefully he'll be back soon. He's been one of few people over the
years I've always read and enjoyed.
And those two posts were at least somewhat on topic, even though the
material has been discussed here many times.

Frankly, most Usenet newsgroups are all about politics now. And the
politics is not even very interesting....just Lefties for Obama arguing
that "Bush caused the hurricanes!" and Righties for McCain trying to
argue that McCain is actually a Republican.

I find it a lot more fun using my new iPhone to surf the Net, download
interesting apps, and keep working on my property. Just got 5 more palms
planted, and am hoping to save two of my leaf-dropping avocados.

Interestingly, in the past week or so I've had two previously
"gun-phobic" (*) friends ask me if I could give them advice on what kind
of gun to buy.

(* They were never in favor of gun control, as they understand the
Second Amendment and the Constitution. But they were somewhat fearful of
having a gun in their homes (as many are) and probably figured the
police and others would preclude their need to have one. But now that
things are looking somewhat more dicey, they're getting worried about
not having one if and when they actually need one. By the way, as they
did not press the issue, I also did not press the issue. My plan was to
refer them to some online sites, but not to help them choose a handgun,
rifle, or shotgun. Some things are best done from internal motivation:
that's how I decided to buy my first actual firearm, back in 1973. (I'd
done some shooting prior to this.) I started reading the gun mags,
annual issues of "Gun Digest," and so on. A pretty good way to figure
out the terminology, shooting stances (though Weaver was still big back
then), and enough other tips to let me then make more informed choices.
And there are a LOT more books on self defense and handguns and whatnot
than there were when I got started. And lots of pretty good online
advice. Since neither of these two friends have ever asked about guns
before, nor read an issue of a gun mag, nor looked at the many online
shooting sites, I figure that I can't "bootstrap" them. Let them reach
their decision in their own sweet time. My hunch is that their casual
queries about buying a gun will fizzle out, especially if no riots or
civil disturbances happen in the next month or two.)

I doubt I'll be checking back here very often. The "Repuglicraps Caused
the Crisis!" and "Democraps Want Us in Political Gulags!" level of the
debate is just too banal.

--Tim May
Dan
2008-09-27 00:52:03 UTC
Post by Tim May
Post by Li RM
[...]
As opposed to "the niggers did it all" banalities we usually get from
Timmy...

Notice closely his "Bush caused the hurricanes!" nonsense, since the
only ones ever posting that statement are NeoCons, Republicans, and
other mindless drones. Timmy never was one of the brighter sparks in
this group, though he sure created a lot of smoke.

Dan
Sheerluck
2008-09-27 05:18:36 UTC
(Snipped for brevity)
Post by Dan
As opposed to "the niggers did it all" banalities we usually get from
Timmy...
Notice closely his "Bush caused the hurricanes!" nonsense, since the
only ones ever posting that statement are NeoCons, Republicans, and
other mindless drones. Timmy never was one of the brighter sparks in
this group, though he sure created a lot of smoke.
Dan
While Tim has a somewhat , shall we say , robust , way of expressing himself
, his opinions and input on technical and science matters are generally
second to none .
One of the main attractions of this ng for me is the very wide range of
expertise .
Apart from the obvious trolls and flame-afficionados , there is a massive
body of knowledge on everything survival-related , ranging from the "metal
and shop" side of firearms (Gunner et al) through simple methods of
food-storage ( talking to you , Stormin),hand-made knives and Australian
bushcraft (Myal ) right through to serious science matters (Tim).
I usually lurk and leech rather than post so I'm not able to contribute much
, but if you can sift through the political/conspiracy/timewasters there is
a lot of good info on this ng .
Sheerluck
Bob Brock
2008-09-27 05:39:43 UTC
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:18:36 +1000, "Sheerluck"
Post by Sheerluck
(Snipped for brevity)
Post by Dan
[...]
I think that we are about to find out how much time was wasted on the
political front.
h***@hotmail.com
2008-09-27 17:52:44 UTC
Or "you're a liar." "No I'm not you are..."
Jerry
2008-09-28 00:28:47 UTC
Post by h***@hotmail.com
Post by Bob Brock
I think that we are about to find out how much time was wasted on the
political front.
Or "you're a liar." "No I'm not you are..."
Or "I thought you had me in my killfile", "I put you in my killfile before
you put me in your killfile"
Sue
2008-09-30 01:26:14 UTC
Post by Dan
Post by Tim May
Post by Li RM
[...]
Now, now. That was "the *Negroes* did it all". I don't recall Mr May
ever using the word "nigger". Aside from that you left out the "mud
people".
Sue
Dan
2008-09-30 02:22:12 UTC
Post by Sue
Post by Dan
Post by Tim May
Post by Li RM
[...]
Oops. Correction noted.

Dan

Winston_Smith
2008-09-27 17:42:22 UTC
Post by Tim May
And those two posts were at least somewhat on topic, even though the
material has been discussed here many times.
Frankly, most Usenet newsgroups are all about politics now. And the
politics is not even very interesting....just Lefties for Obama arguing
that "Bush caused the hurricanes!" and Righties for McCain trying to
argue that McCain is actually a Republican.
snip
Post by Tim May
I doubt I'll be checking back here very often. The "Repuglicraps Caused
the Crisis!" and "Democraps Want Us in Political Gulags!" level of the
debate is just too banal.
--Tim May
I'm glad to see you are alive and well. I suspected those were the
reasons we don't hear from you much any more. We don't agree on a lot
of things but I respect your technical posts.
E***@spamblock.panix.com
2008-09-28 19:24:55 UTC
Post by Winston_Smith
We don't agree on a lot
of things but I respect your technical posts.
I especially liked the ones where he was planning how to install
pumped-storage hydro in the flatlands. He's a financial genius!
--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russel
Nicholas
2008-09-28 19:33:09 UTC
Post by E***@spamblock.panix.com
Post by Winston_Smith
We don't agree on a lot
of things but I respect your technical posts.
I especially liked the ones where he was planning how to install
pumped-storage hydro in the flatlands. He's a financial genius!
I didn't catch that particular thread, Esk, but I do live in the
flatlands, and we get out water pressure from water towers that hold
millions of gallons at a time. Of course, diesel engines/electric
motors pump the water to that height to begin with, where it is stored
for consumer use.

So I don't know what Tim said, but "gravity feed" is what we use to
get our water pressure in these parts. Every township has its own
water tower.

Nick
Tim May
2008-09-28 21:45:19 UTC
Post by Winston_Smith
We don't agree on a lot
of things but I respect your technical posts.
I especially liked the ones where he was planning how to install
pumped-storage hydro in the flatlands. He's a financial genius!
I didn't catch that particular thread, Esk, but I do live in the
flatlands, and we get out water pressure from water towers that hold
millions of gallons at a time. Of course, diesel engines/electric
motors pump the water to that height to begin with, where it is stored
for consumer use.
So I don't know what Tim said, but "gravity feed" is what we use to
get our water pressure in these parts. Every township has its own
water tower.
You didn't catch it because there _was_ no such thread. That is, no
thread about "planning" such pumped-storage systems.

What I _did_ describe was how such _existing_ systems actually work, and
why they are comparatively efficient (as compared to batteries,
flywheels, and other boondoggles).

I live about 25 miles from one of the largest such pumped-storage
systems, the San Luis Reservoir, between Gilroy and Los Banos. It uses
electrical power during non-peak hours to pump water from the main
California Aqueduct into a storage lake, then retrieves the stored
energy during peak power periods.

Eskweird is just doing his usual disinformation.

--Tim May
Winston_Smith
2008-09-29 01:53:37 UTC
Post by Winston_Smith
We don't agree on a lot
of things but I respect your technical posts.
I especially liked the ones where he was planning how to install
pumped-storage hydro in the flatlands. He's a financial genius!
I especially liked the thread where you talked about increasing the
money supply. I commented that's the very definition of inflation.
You asked what was the very definition. Presented with several
references, you smoothly said it wasn't the one you like to use. I'm
sure the ability to make up definitions that are contrary to the
common meaning will serve you well after TEOTWAWKI.

I'm also fond of several threads where you came down on me with both
feet only to wind up adopting just what I wrote after a couple cycles.
You explained that while I originally wrote what you later accepted I
clearly didn't mean it when I did the writing.
d***@yahoo.com
2008-09-27 20:31:59 UTC
Post by Tim May
[...]
Well, at least Tim didn't commit one of those suicides that were
glamorized by commie-liberal-feminista Ayn Rand.

Tim's greatest fallacy in his post above is that iPhones do not yet
have end-to-end encryption. Blackberries can buy it from PGP Corp.
iPhones are also designed for midgets with midget fingers, like
Blackberries. Since Tim has been working in his garden, maybe he has
found a way of growing an extra midget hand.

The minimum monthly charge is outrageous for both blackberries and
iPhones. I don't see how it is worth it unless a company pays for it.

As far as politics is concerned, I am waiting for the Vice
Presidential debates that will pit Joe Biden against whats-her-face,
Sarah Palin who will be wearing a bikini on stage with maybe an
automatic rifle. I'm not sure Joe Biden or Ted Kennedy could beat
her.

For the posters here who adulate Tim's expertise in technical matters,
I have been adapting to his historic absence. Today I am reading this
month's issue of Consumer Reports that is the best I've seen in a long
time:

* Comparison of alternative fuels for vehicles
* Touch screen phones, including iPhone
* Tankless water heaters
* compact fluorescent bulbs
* TV energy consumption - history
* More on car comparisons

d.
Li RM
2008-09-29 02:40:53 UTC
Post by Tim May
Post by Li RM
[...]
When I first came to this group back in '97, it was a great source of
information not only about preparedness but also about alternative
political trains of thought.

Count yourself as one of those whose posts over the years has given me
much food for thought as well as presenting ideas that I probably
would never have run across elsewhere.

Additionally your posts in the pre-Y2K years were probably some of the
most valuable to me from the standpoint of laying the groundwork for
my preparations.

But your point is well taken that this has, for all intents and
purposes become a political group.

Some months back I started preparing a series of posts on what I've
garnered from the group - splitting the posts into categories like
books, camping gear, guns, etc. On my books list (even though it
wasn't a book) was a post you wrote called "The Fukit" - or Fugitive
Kit some years back. Since I read that, I always viewed it as
possible scenario to prepare for as it made a lot of sense.

"Life" has gotten in the way, but I'm going to get back to work on
those posts and get them up here. I know that much of the information
has been rehashed, but maybe for the new guy or gal who does pass
through here they'll get something from it.

Additionally, I always find there are new things and new technologies
that do something a bit better than something I used to use for a
given task. An obvious example would be LED flashlights vs. the old
Maglites that got a lot airplay in the old days.

Well, it's good to see you at least stop in, Tim. From a personal
perspective I'd like to see more of you around here, but I understand
and respect your thoughts and feelings for your decisions.

Glad your alive and well at least.

And if it turns out that we don't see much more of you at all, I, for
one, say thank you for the contributions you've made over the years.

I sure as hell appreciate them.
Jerry
2008-09-29 03:12:43 UTC
Post by Li RM
But your point is well taken that this has, for all intents and
purposes become a political group.
No it hasn't. It has just been invaded by a bunch of desperate
political-know-it-all aliens, and nobody was there to stop them from
entering. Our group needs a good cleansing and then we can get back on
topic, survivalism issues.
Dan

Dan
Jerry
You are a lying piece of shit.
Dan
#1 of whom is Jerry.
Dan
You are a lying piece of shit.
Oh look, I made a bullseye!

Dan
Jerry
#1 of whom is Jerry.
Dan
You are a lying piece of shit.
Oh look, I made a bullseye!
You got shit in your eye? It matches the shit in your mouth.