'I wasn't prepared for war,' Bush says. The cited article PROVES he is a liar, cheat, fraud, and criminal and that he WILL be demonized!
s***@gmail.com
2008-12-21 17:23:04 UTC
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/todays-paper/wasn+prepared+bush+says/1019320/story.html

article reprinted here in toto, for fair use and educational
purposes...... and to show that GWBush is a liar, fraud, and cheat.
point by point comments are interspersed, denoted by a '*' as the
first character.

****************************************************************************************************************************

'I wasn't prepared for war,' Bush says

Regrets failure of intelligence on Iraq

By SHELDON ALBERTSDecember 2, 2008

In a candid appraisal of his own presidency, George W. Bush says he
was "unprepared for war" and holds as his biggest regret Washington's
failure to find the weapons of mass destruction he used as primary
rationale for the war in Iraq.

* everyone knows the Bush administration fabricated the
rationalizations of the Iraq occupation. the main reason for it were
the no-bid contracts to Dick Cheney's Halliburton, Blackwater
Consulting, and other militaristic organizations that had contributed
to his initial election. the 2nd reason was that he hates Arabs and
wanted to install his brand of democracy and Christianity there.

But in an interview that aired last night on ABC News, Bush said he
has not second-guessed his decision to topple Saddam Hussein and hopes
Americans conclude he never compromised his principles while in the
White House.

*everyone knows he wanted to perform the coup on Saddam because Saddam
kicked his daddy's ass in Desert Storm

"I think I was unprepared for war," Bush told ABC News anchor Charlie
Gibson, when asked what he was least prepared for upon taking office
eight years ago.

*you were not only unprepared for war, Bush, for no nazi/fascist/
commie neocon is. you were also unprepared for peace, as was seen
with your dealings with countries that had tradionally be our allies.
you were also unprepared to lead this country econmically, as the
steady downturn of the American economy since March 2003 (the slide of
the US dollar against other world currencies and which coincided with
the beginning of the Iraq occupation showed us.

"In other words, I didn't campaign and say, 'Please vote for me, I'll
be able to handle an attack.' In other words, I didn't anticipate
war."

*you made no bones, Bush, that you wanted to installl democracy and
Christianity in those countries that did not have them. that point
was not lost on the other countries of the world - both the Arab
nations and the other nations of the world. they saw your hegemony
coming from a mile away.

At times wistful about his presidency, Bush called his Oval Office
experience a "joyous" one even during its darkest periods.

*maybe the rumors of the powdering of noses in the White House
bathrooms are true, after all.

Despite preparing to leave office with approval ratings under 30 per
cent, Bush said, "I don't spend a lot of time worrying about short-
term history."

*yes, he is hoping the primacy effect will be kinder to him than the
recency effect - 50 years down the road everyone will have forgotten
all of his mistakes, lies, and other sins. by then he will be down in
hell shoveling coal for his master here on earth, Satan.

He added: "I will leave the presidency with my head held high."

*read that as "I will be on the lookout for the officers of the
International Criminal Court, who I know will be after me to take me
and members of my administration under arrest for the various war
crimes and other human and civil rights violations"

Asked what he believes the United Sates feels about him in his final
months, the outgoing president stated flatly: "I hope they feel that
this is a guy that came, didn't sell his soul for politics, had to
make some tough decisions and did so in a principled way."

*that will never happen, for Bush is a man without principles.

Bush spoke extensively about his decision to invade Iraq in 2003 amid
warnings Saddam possessed chemical and biological weapons and was an
imminent threat to the United States. The assessment was later
revealed to be based on faulty intelligence reports.

*faulty is not the same as fabricated. for some reason the media is
softballing this, giving him some latitude. the FABRICATIONS were
nothing but lies, and Bush a cheat and fraud for engaging in them

"The biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the
intelligence failure in Iraq," Bush said. "A lot of people put their
reputations on the line and said the weapons of mass destruction is a
reason to remove Saddam Hussein. ... I wish the intelligence had been
different, I guess."

*LIAR!

Asked if he would have invaded Iraq even had he known U.S.
intelligence was wrong, Bush demurred.

"That is a do-over that I can't do. It's hard for me to speculate."

Bush, however, did not hesitate about what he felt was his greatest
accomplishment. "Recognizing we're in a war against ideological thugs
and keeping America safe" after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, he
said.

*9/11 happened on Bush's watch. And it has been shown many times that
his administration ALLOWED 9/11 to happen. Since they allowed 9/11 to
happen, it was their creation, it was easy for them to stop creating.

"The thing that's important for me is to get home and look in that
mirror and say, 'I did not compromise my principles,' " he said, "and
I didn't. I made tough calls, and some presidencies have got a lot of
tough decisions to make."

He expressed pride in his decision two years ago to order the U.S.
military surge in Iraq, when violence was at its highest and there
were calls in Congress to withdraw.

"It was a tough call, particularly since a lot of people were advising
for me to get out of Iraq or pull back in Iraq," Bush said.

Bush said his "spirits have never been down" in the White House. He
said he is eager to return to private life after 14 years in public
life, first as governor of Texas and then as president. After leaving
office on Jan. 20, Bush said he plans to begin writing his memoirs and
will focus on establishing his presidential library and a freedom
institute at Southern Methodist University in Dallas.

*this is a lie too. we have heard all of the stories of the bar stock
being sucked down at a faster and faster rate at the White House.
Bush is being demonized now, and will be forever - definitions 1 AND 2
at www.dictionary.com. 1) Cast into the image of a demon and 2)
submitted to the influence, haunting, and castigations of demons.
Enjoy your eternity in hell, Bush, at the end of your mortal life.
For all of your sins, ye most verily deserve it.

© Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette
Bret Cahill
2008-12-21 17:54:10 UTC
If Karl Rove couldn't prepare Dumbya for patriotic holy quagmire, then
no politician could be prepared for patriotic holy quagmire.

Bret Cahill
***************************************************************************�*************************************************
LilNicky
2008-12-22 15:45:04 UTC
BUSH IS CORRECT -- he wasn't prepared for war -- much less 9/11.

But the fact is that the world as we knew it came
crashing down immediately following the TERRORIST ATTACKS of
September
11, 2001.

Remember?

It occurred on BUSH's WATCH!

Individuals, groups, and agencies of and (we thought) connected to
the
Bush "administration" FAILED Americans and the world by allowing the
attacks to happen. The FBI, CIA, NSA, DIA, State Dept., Defense
Dept., and state and urban law enforcement organizations -- all
FAILED
to do what they were charged with doing -- protecting the former
United States of America.

And not a single individual was ever convicted of even mis- or
malfeasance in office. And these country clubs doubtless are still
unprepared for a subsequent 9/11 because it will come as another
complete "surprise."

In the seven years since that catastrophe, attention in the U.S.
"government" was diverted from the stealthy growth of toxic mortgages
and securities, banking and corporate scams, and secretive investment
plots -- as the Bushes, Cheneys, and Rummies devoted the nation's
energies toward stealing civil liberties, trampling the rule of law,
and destroying American moral authority and respect through illegal
wars, torture, and spying on our people at home and abroad. In the
name of national "security."

It all began with 9/11.

On Bush's watch.

Gunner Asch
2008-12-22 03:15:48 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
* everyone knows the Bush administration fabricated the
rationalizations of the Iraq occupation. the main reason for it were
the no-bid contracts to Dick Cheney's Halliburton, Blackwater
Consulting, and other militaristic organizations that had contributed
to his initial election. the 2nd reason was that he hates Arabs and
wanted to install his brand of democracy and Christianity there.
Lies of course, from the Democrat useful idiots

Gunner
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania
h***@nospam.com
2008-12-22 03:32:56 UTC
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 19:15:48 -0800, Gunner Asch
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by s***@gmail.com
* everyone knows the Bush administration fabricated the
rationalizations of the Iraq occupation. the main reason for it were
the no-bid contracts to Dick Cheney's Halliburton, Blackwater
Consulting, and other militaristic organizations that had contributed
to his initial election. the 2nd reason was that he hates Arabs and
wanted to install his brand of democracy and Christianity there.
Lies of course, from the Democrat useful idiots
http://projects.publicintegrity.org/WarCard/

False Pretenses
Following 9/11, President Bush and seven top officials of his
administration waged a carefully orchestrated campaign of
misinformation about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

By Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith
January 23, 2008

President George W. Bush and seven of his administration's top
officials, including Vice President Dick Cheney, National Security
Adviser Condoleezza Rice, and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, made
at least 935 false statements in the two years following September 11,
2001, about the national security threat posed by Saddam Hussein's
Iraq. Nearly five years after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, an exhaustive
examination of the record shows that the statements were part of an
orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and,
in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses.

On at least 532 separate occasions (in speeches, briefings,
interviews, testimony, and the like), Bush and these three key
officials, along with Secretary of State Colin Powell, Deputy Defense
Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, and White House press secretaries Ari
Fleischer and Scott McClellan, stated unequivocally that Iraq had
weapons of mass destruction (or was trying to produce or obtain them),
links to Al Qaeda, or both. This concerted effort was the underpinning
of the Bush administration's case for war.

It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass
destruction or have meaningful ties to Al Qaeda. This was the
conclusion of numerous bipartisan government investigations, including
those by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (2004 and 2006),
the 9/11 Commission, and the multinational Iraq Survey Group, whose
"Duelfer Report" established that Saddam Hussein had terminated Iraq's
nuclear program in 1991 and made little effort to restart it.

In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis
of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that
culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003. Not
surprisingly, the officials with the most opportunities to make
speeches, grant media interviews, and otherwise frame the public
debate also made the most false statements, according to this
first-ever analysis of the entire body of prewar rhetoric.

President Bush, for example, made 232 false statements about weapons
of mass destruction in Iraq and another 28 false statements about
Iraq's links to Al Qaeda. Secretary of State Powell had the
second-highest total in the two-year period, with 244 false statements
about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq's links to
Al Qaeda. Rumsfeld and Fleischer each made 109 false statements,
followed by Wolfowitz (with 85), Rice (with 56), Cheney (with 48), and
McClellan (with 14).

The massive database at the heart of this project juxtaposes what
President Bush and these seven top officials were saying for public
consumption against what was known, or should have been known, on a
day-to-day basis. This fully searchable database includes the public
statements, drawn from both primary sources (such as official
transcripts) and secondary sources (chiefly major news organizations)
over the two years beginning on September 11, 2001. It also interlaces
relevant information from more than 25 government reports, books,
articles, speeches, and interviews.

Consider, for example, these false public statements made in the
run-up to war:

* On August 26, 2002, in an address to the national convention of
the Veteran of Foreign Wars, Cheney flatly declared: "Simply stated,
there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass
destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our
friends, against our allies, and against us." In fact, former CIA
Director George Tenet later recalled, Cheney's assertions went well
beyond his agency's assessments at the time. Another CIA official,
referring to the same speech, told journalist Ron Suskind, "Our
reaction was, 'Where is he getting this stuff from?' "
* In the closing days of September 2002, with a congressional vote
fast approaching on authorizing the use of military force in Iraq,
Bush told the nation in his weekly radio address: "The Iraqi regime
possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the
facilities to make more and, according to the British government,
could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as 45
minutes after the order is given. . . . This regime is seeking a
nuclear bomb, and with fissile material could build one within a
year." A few days later, similar findings were also included in a
much-hurried National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq's weapons of mass
destruction — an analysis that hadn't been done in years, as the
intelligence community had deemed it unnecessary and the White House
hadn't requested it.
* In July 2002, Rumsfeld had a one-word answer for reporters who
asked whether Iraq had relationships with Al Qaeda terrorists: "Sure."
In fact, an assessment issued that same month by the Defense
Intelligence Agency (and confirmed weeks later by CIA Director Tenet)
found an absence of "compelling evidence demonstrating direct
cooperation between the government of Iraq and Al Qaeda." What's more,
an earlier DIA assessment said that "the nature of the regime's
relationship with Al Qaeda is unclear."
* On May 29, 2003, in an interview with Polish TV, President Bush
declared: "We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found
biological laboratories." But as journalist Bob Woodward reported in
State of Denial, days earlier a team of civilian experts dispatched to
examine the two mobile labs found in Iraq had concluded in a field
report that the labs were not for biological weapons. The team's final
report, completed the following month, concluded that the labs had
probably been used to manufacture hydrogen for weather balloons.
* On January 28, 2003, in his annual State of the Union address,
Bush asserted: "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein
recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa. Our
intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase
high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production."
Two weeks earlier, an analyst with the State Department's Bureau of
Intelligence and Research sent an email to colleagues in the
intelligence community laying out why he believed the uranium-purchase
agreement "probably is a hoax."
* On February 5, 2003, in an address to the United Nations
Security Council, Powell said: "What we're giving you are facts and
conclusions based on solid intelligence. I will cite some examples,
and these are from human sources." As it turned out, however, two of
the main human sources to which Powell referred had provided false
information. One was an Iraqi con artist, code-named "Curveball," whom
American intelligence officials were dubious about and in fact had
never even spoken to. The other was an Al Qaeda detainee, Ibn
al-Sheikh al-Libi, who had reportedly been sent to Eqypt by the CIA
and tortured and who later recanted the information he had provided.
Libi told the CIA in January 2004 that he had "decided he would
fabricate any information interrogators wanted in order to gain better
treatment and avoid being handed over to [a foreign government]."

The false statements dramatically increased in August 2002, with
congressional consideration of a war resolution, then escalated
through the mid-term elections and spiked even higher from January
2003 to the eve of the invasion.
Gunner Asch
2008-12-22 06:29:59 UTC
Post by h***@nospam.com
Post by Gunner Asch
Lies of course, from the Democrat useful idiots
http://projects.publicintegrity.org/WarCard/
False Pretenses
Following 9/11, President Bush and seven top officials of his
administration waged a carefully orchestrated campaign of
misinformation about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq.
Bush took office Jan 7, 2001

Might want to check the dates of the below quotes.....snicker....

"If The Bush Administration Lied About WMD, So Did These People --
Version 3.0
by John Hawkins

Since we haven't found WMD in Iraq, a lot of the anti-war/anti-Bush
crowd is saying that the Bush administration lied about Iraq's weapons
of mass destruction. Well, if they're going to claim that the Bush
administration lied, then there sure are a lot of other people,
including quite a few prominent Democrats, who have told the same "lies"
since the inspectors pulled out of Iraq in 1998. Here are just a few
examples that prove that the Bush administration didn't lie about
weapons of mass destruction...

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the
U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if
appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond
effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of
mass destruction programs." -- From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman,
Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among
others on October 9, 1998

"This December will mark three years since United Nations inspectors
last visited Iraq. There is no doubt that since that time, Saddam
Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that
biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back
to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to refine delivery
systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to
develop longer- range missiles that will threaten the United States and
our allies." -- From a December 6, 2001 letter signed by Bob Graham, Joe
Lieberman, Harold Ford, & Tom Lantos among others

"Whereas Iraq has consistently breached its cease-fire agreement between
Iraq and the United States, entered into on March 3, 1991, by failing to
dismantle its weapons of mass destruction program, and refusing to
permit monitoring and verification by United Nations inspections;
Whereas Iraq has developed weapons of mass destruction, including
chemical and biological capabilities, and has made positive progress
toward developing nuclear weapons capabilities" -- From a joint
resolution submitted by Tom Harkin and Arlen Specter on July 18, 2002

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while
retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We
cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." -- Madeline
Albright, 1998

"(Saddam) will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and
some day, some way, I am certain he will use that arsenal again, as he
has 10 times since 1983" -- National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Feb
18, 1998

"Iraq made commitments after the Gulf War to completely dismantle all
weapons of mass destruction, and unfortunately, Iraq has not lived up to
its agreement." -- Barbara Boxer, November 8, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are
confident that Saddam Hussein retained some stockpiles of chemical and
biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to
build up his chemical and biological warfare capability. Intelligence
reports also indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons, but has not
yet achieved nuclear capability." -- Robert Byrd, October 2002

"There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat... Yes, he has
chemical and biological weapons. He's had those for a long time. But the
United States right now is on a very much different defensive posture
than we were before September 11th of 2001... He is, as far as we know,
actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn't have nuclear
warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends
in the region would face greatly increased risks as would we." -- Wesley
Clark on September 26, 2002

"What is at stake is how to answer the potential threat Iraq represents
with the risk of proliferation of WMD. Baghdad's regime did use such
weapons in the past. Today, a number of evidences may lead to think
that, over the past four years, in the absence of international
inspectors, this country has continued armament programs." -- Jacques
Chirac, October 16, 2002

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of
threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction,
ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond
today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be
emboldened tomorrow." -- Bill Clinton in 1998

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show
that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological
weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program.
He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including
Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his
involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear,
however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to
increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will
keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that
endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the
Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security."
-- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

"I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons...I saw evidence back
in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry
into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving
those trucks out." -- Clinton's Secretary of Defense William Cohen in
April of 2003

"Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass
destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them
against his own people." -- Tom Daschle in 1998

"Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our
allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades,
Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every
available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He
has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and is
trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to
build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to
achieving that goal." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

"The debate over Iraq is not about politics. It is about national
security. It should be clear that our national security requires
Congress to send a clear message to Iraq and the world: America is
united in its determination to eliminate forever the threat of Iraq's
weapons of mass destruction." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

"I share the administration's goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons
of mass destruction." -- Dick Gephardt in September of 2002

"Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf
and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his
access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq's search for weapons of mass
destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should
assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al
Gore, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that
Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing
capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Bob Graham, December 2002

"Saddam Hussein is not the only deranged dictator who is willing to
deprive his people in order to acquire weapons of mass destruction." --
Jim Jeffords, October 8, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and
developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Ted Kennedy, September 27,
2002

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger,
that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass
destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed." -- Ted Kennedy,
Sept 27, 2002

"I will be voting to give the president of the United States the
authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because
I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his
hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- John F. Kerry, Oct
2002

"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real,
but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that
war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert
Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build
those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these
weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we
had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation." --
John Kerry, October 9, 2002

"(W)e need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator,
leading an oppressive regime. We all know the litany of his offenses. He
presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently
prone to miscalculation. ...And now he is miscalculating America’s
response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of
mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations
Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq
disclose its weapons programs and disarm. So the threat of Saddam
Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it is not new. It
has been with us since the end of the Persian Gulf War." -- John Kerry,
Jan 23, 2003

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a
threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the
mandates of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass
destruction and the means of delivering them." -- Carl Levin, Sept 19,
2002

"Every day Saddam remains in power with chemical weapons, biological
weapons, and the development of nuclear weapons is a day of danger for
the United States." -- Joe Lieberman, August, 2002

"Over the years, Iraq has worked to develop nuclear, chemical and
biological weapons. During 1991 - 1994, despite Iraq's denials, U.N.
inspectors discovered and dismantled a large network of nuclear
facilities that Iraq was using to develop nuclear weapons. Various
reports indicate that Iraq is still actively pursuing nuclear weapons
capability. There is no reason to think otherwise. Beyond nuclear
weapons, Iraq has actively pursued biological and chemical weapons.U.N.
inspectors have said that Iraq's claims about biological weapons is
neither credible nor verifiable. In 1986, Iraq used chemical weapons
against Iran, and later, against its own Kurdish population. While
weapons inspections have been successful in the past, there have been no
inspections since the end of 1998. There can be no doubt that Iraq has
continued to pursue its goal of obtaining weapons of mass destruction."
-- Patty Murray, October 9, 2002

"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that
the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of
grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the
development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat
to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons
inspection process." -- Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

"Even today, Iraq is not nearly disarmed. Based on highly credible
intelligence, UNSCOM [the U.N. weapons inspectors] suspects that Iraq
still has biological agents like anthrax, botulinum toxin, and
clostridium perfringens in sufficient quantity to fill several dozen
bombs and ballistic missile warheads, as well as the means to continue
manufacturing these deadly agents. Iraq probably retains several tons of
the highly toxic VX substance, as well as sarin nerve gas and mustard
gas. This agent is stored in artillery shells, bombs, and ballistic
missile warheads. And Iraq retains significant dual-use industrial
infrastructure that can be used to rapidly reconstitute large-scale
chemical weapons production." -- Ex-Un Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter in
1998

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working
aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear
weapons within the next five years. And that may happen sooner if he can
obtain access to enriched uranium from foreign sources -- something that
is not that difficult in the current world. We also should remember we
have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development
of weapons of mass destruction." -- John Rockefeller, Oct 10, 2002

"Saddam’s existing biological and chemical weapons capabilities pose a
very real threat to America, now. Saddam has used chemical weapons
before, both against Iraq’s enemies and against his own people. He is
working to develop delivery systems like missiles and unmanned aerial
vehicles that could bring these deadly weapons against U.S. forces and
U.S. facilities in the Middle East." -- John Rockefeller, Oct 10, 2002

"Whether one agrees or disagrees with the Administration’s policy
towards Iraq, I don’t think there can be any question about Saddam’s
conduct. He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11
years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm
and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear
capacity. This he has refused to do. He lies and cheats; he snubs the
mandate and authority of international weapons inspectors; and he games
the system to keep buying time against enforcement of the just and
legitimate demands of the United Nations, the Security Council, the
United States and our allies. Those are simply the facts." -- Henry
Waxman, Oct 10, 2002