I love Schnucks
Add Reply
Rock Stolid
2024-10-16 22:38:52 UTC
https://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Companion-Sandvik-4-1-Inch-Military/dp/
B009NZVZ3E?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1
Added to my wish list, thx!
Love the deep cargo pants clip sheath and robust grip.
I've got one clipped to the sternum strap of one of my packs. They're not
as fancy but I've got a couple of the Classic No. 2s for utility knives.
https://morakniv.se/en/product/classic-no-2-c-red/
I've no idea why the Classic is more expensive than the Companion now.
iirc when I bought them they were cheaper.
TY for your review, at this price one can't help but add another!

I think the thickness of the blade may be the metric .90 vs. .125.

It's not all that common for sheath knives to offer large field clips,
most are belt loop configuration.

What baffles me is how a nation like Sweden can hit the marks on a
product like this and keep the price so reasonable in this global
economy without subbing it out to Jina.

:-)
2024-10-17 08:13:33 UTC
Post by Rock Stolid
https://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Companion-Sandvik-4-1-Inch-Military/dp/
B009NZVZ3E?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1
Added to my wish list, thx!
Love the deep cargo pants clip sheath and robust grip.
I've got one clipped to the sternum strap of one of my packs. They're not
as fancy but I've got a couple of the Classic No. 2s for utility knives.
https://morakniv.se/en/product/classic-no-2-c-red/
I've no idea why the Classic is more expensive than the Companion now.
iirc when I bought them they were cheaper.
TY for your review, at this price one can't help but add another!
I think the thickness of the blade may be the metric .90 vs. .125.
Yes, metric all the way I think.
Post by Rock Stolid
It's not all that common for sheath knives to offer large field clips, most
are belt loop configuration.
What baffles me is how a nation like Sweden can hit the marks on a product
like this and keep the price so reasonable in this global economy without
subbing it out to Jina.
:-)
This is indeed a mystery of the universe! I also find it fascinating that
they are actually produced in sweden, and they remain competitive, at that
price!

They do have a factory, and if memory serves, it produces about 10000
blades per day. Perhaps another reason is that Sandvik steel. Since
Sandvik steel is also produced locally, I imagine they can get it cheaply,
quickly, and with a minimal cost of transportation.

Yet another factor is that they are located in the country side, so that
enables them to keep salaries lower than in more populated areas.
Rock Stolid
2024-10-17 17:23:32 UTC
Post by Rock Stolid
[...]
Here we go:

Even the shipping and stocking lady is wearing her morakniv in its sheath!

;-)
2024-10-17 20:49:40 UTC
Post by Rock Stolid
http://youtu.be/j02OFV5jC5k
This is so fascinating! I just love this kind of automation and machines!
Rock Stolid
2024-10-17 21:51:51 UTC
Post by D
Post by Rock Stolid
Post by Rock Stolid
[...]
It's a very well laid out and tidy operation with actual people doing
worthwhile things.

I'm shocked it even exists these days shocked in a good way.